Hello all:

David, K6SBA, most graciously shared the solution with me. Powerwerx (see their
website) sells a plastic clip that ties the mating connectors together,
preventing them from slipping apart and disconnecting. The clip can be easily
removed if needed. I just ordered a few of the clips for my installation. Now,
that’ a solution! Thank you again David! You made my day!

Ramon, NQ9V

> On Sep 13, 2016, at 6:08 PM, George Kidder <gkid...@ilstu.edu> wrote:
>
> Completely agree!  Soldering is effective, cheap and reliable if done right -
> as is crimping, bar the cost of the tool.
>
> W3HBM
>

> On 9/13/2016 5:07 PM, Ron D'Eau Claire wrote:
>> FWIW, rather than invest in crimpers and practice as needed to get great
>> crimps, I simply solder the wires into the terminals as recommended by Wayne.
>>
>> I place the terminals over the bare ends and solder, filling the part you
>> might crimp with solder. It's useful to align the terminals correctly so
>> they slide right into the PP housing when done. Also, be sure you do not get
>> solder on the terminal contacts. Some builders like to hold the wires
>> vertically with a vice to prevent soldering from flowing onto the contact
>> area.
>>
>> I've had no problems over the past 12 years or so using the PP connectors --
>> all but a very few are soldered.
>>
>> 73, Ron AC7AC

Ramón E. Tristani Sr.
r.trist...@gmail.com <mailto:r.trist...@gmail.com>