I was able to remove both power pole connectors from the power supply cable.
Added more tension to the “tongue”, lifted the spring a little bit and the
connectors “clicked” as before. They are a bit more secure now, not as strong
as a solid power connector like the old Kenwood or Icoms ( I say “old” because
I have not seen the new ones for years, being Elecraft-only) but the voltage on
the K3 holds steady during the transmit cycle, meaning (to me) that the
connection is good enough. I still cannot pull the radio around from the power
supply cable, not that I want to anyway. So, thank you all for the
recommendations and help. I have always counted on Elecraft and this mail list
and always found the needed assistance and guidance. It is good to be part of
the “family”.

73,
Ramon, NQ9V

> On Sep 13, 2016, at 10:34, Dave Cole <d...@nk7z.net> wrote:
>
> On Tue, 2016-09-13 at 09:29 -0400, Detrick Merz wrote:
>> For reference, I tend to crimp my PP connectors (although I've
>> soldered a few, too), and I never bother with roll pins, super glue,
>> or anything other than the natural friction to hold the black/red
>> housings in a pair.
>
> As a totally off topic comment, you can save yourself a few cents if you
> use the stick on a Q-Tip for a roll pin.  It fits perfectly, and you can
> remove it easily as well.
>
> I keep a few Q-Tips in my Power Pole box, and just cut off the cotton
> ends, and then push the stick in, where the roll pin goes.  Then much
> like a coax connector center pin, I cut off the excess.  Keeps the
> connectors together, and is removable later.
>
> I also never solder my power poles, for fear of creating a really small
> radius bend point.
>
> --
> 73's, and thanks,
> Dave (NK7Z)