Jim,

Your new rig had nothing "defective."  It was "in compliance" when you bought
it.  Subsequent to your buying it, that particular in-compliance specification
has been improved.  There is nothing for Elecraft to fix because there is
nothing broken.  No warranty extends to future improvements.  Be thankful
Elecraft is offering that improvement at no charge.

73,

Kent  K9ZTV