When you remove the KPA500 top cover, the Z-bracket is the metal bracket
running from the front to back panels dividing the inside into the power
supply (with the big transformer) and RF sections.

The Z-bracket attaches to the front and back panels, the bottom cover and to
the top. Make sure you got all the screws tight.

Also, be sure you installed the transformer correctly, including the rubber
disk between the transformer and the bottom cover and you have the bumpers
in place where the transformer rests against edge. Be sure the Bellevue
washer is installed right side up. That's the washer under the nut holding
the transformer in place. As the text explained, it is very slightly conical
and must be installed so the center hole of the washer is slightly higher
than the edges. Put it on the desk and tap on the edges of the washer with a
pencil. If it rocks a bit, it is upside. If it is right side up, it will sit
still. Be sure it is installed right side up.

Finally, tighten the nut on the Bellevue washer a bit more. If you have a
torque wrench available, it should be set to 55 in/lbs but it is not real
critical. As the text says, run the washer down onto the Bellevue washer,
and then tighten one or two turns further. IF needed add a bit more to quiet
it!

My KPA500 hums under full load, but not loudly - about as loud as my Astron
power supply under full load. If anything is "buzzing" it is certainly a
loose fastener somewhere.

73, Ron AC7AC

delivered to r...@cobi.biz