This is a huge problem in Minnesota due to the extreme cold causing
humidity on the windows and turning to ice.
It is difficult to hit a happy medium between avoiding static and wet
windows.

As for protecting my  equipment, I have mentioned keeping a grounded
wrist strap around an Altoids can
by my stuffed chair. When I get up from the chair, I touch the can to
discharge my static build up.
At the K3, I touch the end of a small resistor that is connected to a
ground point on the nearby outlet
and protrudes above the face-plate from it's back.

Dick, n0ce