I called the Elecraft to get some help with this. After removing the K3 out of line, removed computer control, amps, tuner etc. The problem was gone.

I was running radio control with my logging software. I found a tab where that software was sending the odd FC offsets.

Just like computers, always go back to the most basic configuration possible and see if the problem is there if not then start adding in pieces until you find the cause.

Thanks for help everyone and as usual the folks at Elecraft were quick to call me back and get me on track.

Thanks from an embarrassed K3 owner.

W0MU