I have been following the thread with regards to the setting of the AGC of the
K-3 with great interest.  I am new to the use of the K-3 even though I have
owned the radio for some time.  I had  a medical issue that delayed my use of
the unit.    My K-3 has been updated with all of the current K-3s upgrades and
I use a KPA500.  The thread has given several settings for AGC SLP and AGC THR
but I noticed that the setting for the other AGC settings are not mentioned.
Should  I assume that the other default settings are to be used?   I tried the
suggested settings and found that they did help with the reception of weak
signals.  I work a lot of DX SSB and working the pileups can be a problem.  I
also would like to thank KE7X for the great book on the K-3, it has been a
great help and has answered a lot of questions.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance
73
Louis, KJ4ZSI