I'm not quite certain what Tim means by "tunes off-screen," but taken literally, it's not how mine works. My parameters on 80 CW currently are:

FIXED-TUNE on
FIXED MODE AUTO ADJUST=Full Span
SPAN=20 KHz

When I tune VFO A up in frequency, its cursor moves to the right and when it gets to the right edge, the display moves up 20 KHz and the cursor appears at the left edge.

When I tune VFO B up, its cursor moves to the right and when it gets to the right edge, it disappears and the triangle appears pointing to the right.

I think Tim is saying that he tunes VFO A up, the cursor goes off-screen on the right, and the display span does not update. Is there any chance your Auto-Adjust has gotten set to static? In static, mine behaves as I think you describe.

73,

Fred K6DGW
- Sparks NV DM09dn

- Northern California Contest Club