I'm not sure whether or how the RemoteRig might affect this, not yet having
used it, but is the RemoteRig box connected to the remote radio using the
Line Out jack, rather than the speaker or headphone jack? If so, I believe
the way to control the volume may be by using the CONFIG:LIN OUT setting on
the K3. By default, the Line Out volume is independent of the front panel
AF level control. You can change this by tapping the 1 button while in
CONFIG:LIN OUT to make the Line Out level vary with the AF control
(CONFIG:LIN OUT=PHONES).

The simplest way to mute the speaker on the K3 is to plug headphones into
the headphone jack.

73,
Rich VE3KI

KR7RK wrote:

I've got a K30/Mini control head connected over the internet to my home QTH
K3S using RemoteRig boxes.  The audio volume from the K30/Mini is extremely
low.  Apparently the AF knob on the control unit (K30/Mini) does not
control volume, rather it's set by the remote station (K3S).  However it
seems that turning the AF Knob on the remote station has no effect, whether
it's at min or max or anything in between, the audio from the control unit
remains almost too low to hear.

Additionally, I would prefer to have the audio out at the remote station
muted so that my YL does not have to hear it blasting away when I am
remoting in from my office.  Likewise, I would prefer to have a variable
volume level at my office rather than a fixed level that can only be
changed by shutting down.

Am I missing something?  Is there a way to increase/decrease volume levels
from the control head?

Thanks for any help,
Keith KR7RK