A section from the WSJT-X 1.7rc2 manual states:  "Use the receiver gain
controls and/or the computer’s audio mixer controls to set the background
noise level (scale at lower left of main window) to around 30 dB when no
signals are present. It is usually best to turn AGC off or reduce the RF
gain control to minimize AGC action. If necessary you can also adjust the
slider next to the dB scale, but note that the overall dynamic range will be
best when the displayed level is near 30 dB with the slider close to its
mid-point."

A couple of questions:

1. "...when no signals are present."  Would this be suggesting that I tune
my K3S to a frequency off the WSPR TX range where I see no other signals on
my P3?

2. "Use the receiver gain controls and/or the computer’s audio mixer
controls..." Which is preferable for a K3S, adjusting the K3S gain or the PC
Windows 10 Mixer?

Bret/N4SRN