David,

I use my KX3 to run WSPR, JT65, and JT9, using DATA-A. It does take a bit of
trial and error, but once you find the “golden settings” between the KX3 and
your sound card, things will be fine. I use a Tascam US-125M sound card; its
output controls are set to about the 1:00 mark. With them like that, the KX3
gives me 4-5 bars of alc indication when set to about number 9.

Keep trying and you’ll get it going!

Jim / W6JHB