I have always been under the impression the doubling of output power will result in a power gain of 3 db. And, that 3 db gain is the least signal increase noticeable at the receiving point. KPA500 outputs 500 Watts - 1000 Watts would give an output gain of 3 db (over the KPA500) and 1500 Watts a little over 4 db gain. That being my understanding - why would I want to spend a box full of dollars for more power than my KPA500 provides? Or, is my understanding flawed?

FWIW, I have run all kinds of amps in my nearly 60 years of being the on the air and have found that Watts are Watts, regardless of how you generate them (fancy, cheap, junk, or solid gold).

Everyone have a super HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Bill W2BLC K-Line (medium power HF)