From: Elecraft [mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of Jim
Brown
Sent: 01 January 2017 19:32
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] {OT} - Variation on use of a coaxial switch (stan
levandowski)

The isolation provided by this switch will be really poor. In addition to
the capacitive coupling of the switch itself, note that only the center
conductor is carried between inputs and outputs, so that the chassis carries
return current. This adds a lot of inductance to the path, and causes
crosstalk between circuits.

The RIGHT way to do this is to provide a coaxial path, so that return
current is confined to the coax shields.  If you look inside the Alpha Delta
switches you see that they are built that way. There's not coax cable
between in and outs, but the physical construction is such that the body of
the switch forms the return path. Not perfect, but FAR better.

73, Jim K9YC

delivered to j...@eeek.org.uk