This sounds the same, and I made it to protect the front end of each
radio by switching the radio not being tested to my dummy load in case
one of the radios should transmit. I intended my switch for receive
comparisons.  I am surprised the commercial switches can handle a
kilowatt and provide adequate isolation.  I wouldn't want to use that
kind of power with the switch I made.

I didn't know about the switches you mention.  I thought there should be
a need for them, so I called MFJ.  I like to protect my equipment. I
know guys who don't think this way. Maybe MFJ didn't sell any and
discontinued them. At the time, I thought they described them rather
vaguely, missing the whole purpose.  Maybe I haven't found them on their
website now.

Dick, n0ce