While you design and experiment with a new loop:

Install a reduced size dipole for 80. My rule of thumb, which has worked for many quickie antennas is to use insulated #14 wire and close-wind on a 2" white PVC pipe a length of wire that is twice the length of that removed from the antenna. You will loose some bandwidth, but you will be on the air.

Comment about the proposed loop: If the overall physical size is a little short - you are using tuned feed, so it will not make for that big a loss. It also does not have to be square - five or six sides will do fine - just get as much open space inside the loop as possible. Proximity to the roof means proximity to the RFI from the house.

Nothing scientific or big worded here - just things that work that are based on my experience over the years.

Bill W2BLC - K-Line