From: "Don Wilhelm" <donw...@embarqmail.com>
To: "Terry Brown" <n...@comcast.net>; elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Sent: 1/1/2017 9:44:06 PM
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] Need help from an EZNec user on a horizontal loop question

Terry,

Have you considered an 80 meter inverted L?

It takes up little real estate for the radiator, but does require putting down a ground screen at the base of the inverted L. If you do not wish to bury 32 radials for a ground screen, consider using resonant elevated radials. Two elevated radials running in opposing directions will do the job nicely.

Put the elevated radials above ground by about 10 feet to keep them out of the range of humans and deer and other things running into them and causing harm. If there are horse riders who will be riding through your property, you may want to increase the height to 15 feet.

73,
Don W3FPR