I already built K2 #4758, and getting ready to start a KPA 100 kit.  To sort
the K2 parts, I used plastic utility  boxes with divided bins, and had no
problem with the K2, but wonder if I was just lucky in that no solid state
stuff  got damaged, to my knowledge.  I did put loose transistors in the
plastic boxes, but  all solid state stuff which came on the safety mat was not
placed in any container before installation.  I  used an egg carton which was
expanded polystyrene? for the hardware, and heard later this stuff is prone to
build up static electricity.  Was it risky to put hardware in the egg carton?
I'm thinking it's not safe to have it anywhere on the bench.   I always use an
ESD wrist strap, and an ESD safe Hakko  936 iron, by the way.

So, what is the preferred safe container??  Is the semi hard plastic utility
box ok?  I don't have any metal containers which are suitable..

Love my K2.  It still amazes me after 8 mos of great service.  In the ARRL dx
test, it scored  many EU stations on cw while running only 2 watts, using my
Telrex 20m mono bander (which is about 50 yrs old) fed with 27 yr old Belden RG
213 coax.  And I seldom had to call stations more than once.   Go figger!  It's
also the only rig I ever had which draws unsolicited compliments on the nice cw
note. Thanks, Elecraft, and thanks to you guys on the reflector who helped me
previously.  I have been hamming for 51 years, and am having fun again!  Viva
Elecraft!
Any suggestions on storage/sorting bins ?

Thanks, and 73 from George, N4YM