[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> So, what is the preferred safe container??  Is the semi hard plastic
> utility box ok?  I don't have any metal containers which are
> suitable..

For ICs and transistors, I prefer to use the black antistatic foam that
Elecraft ships them in. there's usually a bit more space for some of the
other transistors that came bagged.

Caps, I prefer to push through a thin sheet of paper. This not only
keeps them together and groups them, but I can scribble the values on
the paper too, in readable-sized writing!

Diodes too, if there's enough of them to deserve sorting, though they're
usually a lot easier to re-read.

Resistors are usually in nicely-sorted build-order strips, so once
you've worked out which end to start, it's easy peasy. If they're NOT in
pre-sorted strips, I'll do something similar to the caps.

Resistor packs are a bit of a pain because the numbers never seem to
QUITE match up with what the manual asks for, but when inventorying,
it's usually easy enough to work out what matches what because the
quantities match and most of the last few digits are about right. I then
scribble the REAL number next to the part in the parts list so I can
double-check later when I've lost count.

Hardware you can use whatever you like. To be honest, apart from some
kits having 3 different sized screws, I've not had much trouble digging
the hardware bits out of a bag. In the parts list I'll sometimes
scribble "big", "medium", "small", so then when the manual says "fix
using some-horrible-imperial-unit stand-offs" I can quickly check, "ah
yup, that's the small ones".

--
"Nosey" Nick Waterman, G7RZQ, K2 #5209.
use Std::Disclaimer;    [EMAIL PROTECTED]