From: Elecraft [mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of Bill
Frantz
Sent: Monday, January 16, 2017 12:59 PM
To: NOEL POULIN
Cc: Elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] k-pod data cable

Yesterday I built a 5 foot long cable using 6P6C connectors and some telephone
grade flat cable with pin 1 clipped at each end.
(I identified which pin was #1 by measuring the Elecraft supplied cable.)  It
seems to work fine, but I haven't used it enough for those little hidden
problems to show up.

If I need to move to twisted pair to get better isolation (thanks Jim), I will
need to identify which wires to twist together. From Harry's pin out below, it
looks like twisting pins 3&4 (Ground and Data) as well as pins 5&6 (Clock and
VCC5) should do the trick.

73 Bill AE6JV