From: Robert Tellefsen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Richard Powers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; Elecraft <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 08:45:31 -0800
Subject: RE: [Elecraft] Elecraft K1-20 - - Now Camping - Antennas

Dick
Don't let just a single tree in a campsite hold you back.
Use it and have fun.  Drooping dipoles work just fine.

When the xyl and I were camping in Oregon, there were only some
rose bushes by our campsite and no trees.  So I laid out my
40m dipole over the bushes, about 4 ft above ground, fired
up my old HW-8 and had a number of nice QSOs.  Great time,
sitting at the picnic table with my lantern and a 12v lantern
battery for the HW-8.

Good luck and 73
Bob N6WG
The Little Station with Attitude