Yes I had a half dozen surplus crystals at the bottom of the 40 meter novice band. I ground them using toothpaste on a plate of glass to move them up in frequency. If you went too far, you could add some pencil lead to move them back down. But you had to do it carefully or the crystal would fail to oscillate.

Alan N1AL