Hi,

Frankly I'd be skeptical about all those numbers. They are way better than
those measured by ARRL and Sherwood and some are a physical impossibility.
The thermal noise floor (kTB) at 400Hz is -148dBm so any number at or below
this is physically impossible. To me it looks like all your numbers are off
by 10dB or so for whatever reason. I am not sure how you used Spectrogram to
measure SNR. All you really need is the dBV meter built into the K3.
Assuming it's well designed it should be ideal for measuring RMS power
ratios which is what you need. The manual sheets for the XG3 generator from
Elecraft has excellent instructions on how to calculate MDS using nothing
more than the XG3 and the K3 itself. Of course replacing the XG3 with a
professional grade HP generator will not hurt the accuracy of the results.

Anyway, this doesn't really explain why you think the K3 has lost
sensitivity since the installation of the general coverage bandpass filter
board. When I installed mine, I noticed no such effect. If anything this
filter ought to have lower loss than the per band RF filters used for in
ham-band reception.

AB2TC - Knut

briancom wrote