It's been that way with PC's and Mac's for 15 years.

Your PC is not truly "off" when you hit the power switch. That is the ATX specification. To start a PC all that happens is the shorting of two pins on the motherboard with the switch. There is power on the motherboard until you reach behind and flip the switch on the power supply itself.

Before it gets brought up, the battery on all PC's is to keep the CMOS clock settings alive, not to boot the PC.

Get ye to the local hardware emporium and buy the $10 power strip with a switch. Plug the KPA 500 into said switch. When done using the amp use the front panel switch to shut it "off" so it saves settings properly then hit the switch on the power strip. Viola! You've saved six watts and won't end up on some ridiculous website as a planet hater.

That little tidbit was taken from chapter one of the environmentalist playbook.

My house and garage are 100% led lit now. ALL of my "toys" are on switched inputs. I live in Iowa. My HVAC system is set to 67 in the winter and 77 in the summer. I have a tank less water heater. All my toilets are 1.5 gallon flush.

I didn't do this because I'm some kind of environmentalist, I did this because I'm CHEAP.