Chuck, KI4DGH asked:

I have just finished Part I Modify the KX1 PCB section and now I am
attempting the steps for Alignment and Test -Part II for receiver alignment
to confirm that the modifications have been correctly installed.  Obviously
I messed something up.  Nothing happens during power up.  I get power up to
the power switch but when I turn on the switch nothing happens, no LED no
relays clicking nothing.  I had a KXB30 installed and completely removed the
KXB30 board and all wires.  I would really appreciate some help
troubleshooting this problem.

Do you have a metal screw holding the final amplifier mounting hardware
together, Chuck?

If you put a metal screw in the final amp without the heat sink, you're
shorting the B+ to ground!

Right off hand that's all I can think of at this point. All you've done is
remove the KXB30 module and reconfigure the receiver input circuit. That
doesn't involve any direct connections to the B+ circuitry.

If it's not the 'screw in the final amplifier' bit (which probably half of
the KX1 owners have done with the unit open, including me!) I'd look very
closely for a solder bridge somewhere around the components you just
replaced or the transformer you added.

Ron AC7AC