I've been operating my new K3S for about 2 months now and love it.

Last week, however, something unexpected happened: as soon as I keyed the
paddles or hit f1 to key the radio (CW), the radio went keydown. Only by
running the power down below 50-70 watts does it finally key up.

It has happened a number of times since then. However, it doesn't happen all
the time.

I've disconnected extraneous cables, moved power supplies and computer and
cables. No change. I've reattached cables, relocated equipment back to where
it was. Again, no change. Nothing seems to make a difference.

It is also very sporadic. I can sit down and operate without an unexpected
keydown event. Other times, I can sit down and bang, it's gone key down and
I've got to run the power down to operate.

Until last week, it never happened before. As I said, no changes have been
made to the station: equipment  configuration and positioning, cable
routing, antenna SWR/orientation, etc.

My next step is to find my box of ferrites and start clamping them on
cables-I've never had to do that at this station for any of the five radios
I've ever used here over many years. I figure if any of my past radios were
RFI susceptible it would have been my OMNI VI's. But I never had an
RFI-issue with them.

Any ideas?

73,

Dale, kg5u