I had a poor quality Lithium-ion pack explode with the force of dynamite while recharging. Shrapnel was embedded in the sheet rock 8 feet away. The shock wave was so intense, it ruptured my left eardrum. I never considered that they could be dangerous. Now I know by finding out the hard way. The PBS show was excellent.

Doug -- K0DXV