Dr. Werner Furlan wrote:
> I can report a success with my problem I reported yesterday.
> I changed C8 to 10 pF and now AGC off works as expected.

Yay! Me too! Much easier than sending off to Elecraft for a new X1. When
I tune the RWM pips with fast AGC, it properly goes "pip sssSSSHH pip
sssSSSHH pip sssSSSHH", and more importantly, when I turn the AGC OFF,
the rig doesn't go deaf. The S-Meter looks a whole lot more believable
too, the rig feels a whole lot more sensitive, and now I can turn AGC
off, I can confirm that my N-GEN really does work after all!

That was a very worthwhile 3 minutes at the iron.   :-)

> Thanks to Gary, Wayne and everybody on the list for their support.
> Its great how this group works together.

Seconded, and thanks to Werner!

Anyone else with a serial number in the high 5100s or low 5200s... If
you are seeing AGC problems (hold PRE/ATT and AGC, see if you go deaf),
check your junk box for a 10pF cap and change control board C8. Wayne
says 680 pF at C7 may be another option.

--
"Nosey" Nick Waterman, G7RZQ, K2 #5209.
use Std::Disclaimer;    [EMAIL PROTECTED]