-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Nick Waterman
Sent: Sunday, March 26, 2006 11:54 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: elecraft@mailman.qth.net; [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] AGC off problem solved

Dr. Werner Furlan wrote:
> I can report a success with my problem I reported yesterday.
> I changed C8 to 10 pF and now AGC off works as expected.

Yay! Me too! Much easier than sending off to Elecraft for a new X1. When I
tune the RWM pips with fast AGC, it properly goes "pip sssSSSHH pip sssSSSHH
pip sssSSSHH", and more importantly, when I turn the AGC OFF, the rig
doesn't go deaf. The S-Meter looks a whole lot more believable too, the rig
feels a whole lot more sensitive, and now I can turn AGC off, I can confirm
that my N-GEN really does work after all!