From: Elecraft [mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of Lynn W.
Taylor, WB6UUT
Sent: Friday, February 10, 2017 12:13 PM
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] EFHW

Just a reminder, folks.

An End-Fed Half-Wave is a 1/2 wave antenna on the frequency of operation.

If it's not a half-wave, then it's a non-resonant wire.

Elecraft tuners do a great job tuning non-resonant wires.

They won't tune an End-Fed Half-Wave without some help, like a 9:1 un-un.

So, when someone says "EFHW" and then says "I just use an adapter and binding
posts" we know it isn't an EFHW.

Terminology matters.

73 -- Lynn

delivered to k9...@live.com