Good Evening,
We had two very good nets this evening. There was some QSB but the bands were quiet and strong. There was a record set this evening two or maybe a couple of them. First there were 38 total checkins. Eighteen of them on 20 meters and twenty on 40 meters. There were only a couple of times where I got no call signs out of the pileup though. I think I am learning or maybe you all are more disciplined at finding an open slot. Thus far over 400 individuals have checked in to ECN for a total of 2251 times. Thank you! I had a very special treat tonight. I worked the person who had to handle my first CW contact :) He was also the VE who passed me for my Element one examination! This was only the second time I have worked John Sanchez, W5DEZ, of Tijeras, New Mexico. Hopefully I did a little better than that first time :) He invited Pat and I to his house for Field Day in 2002 if memory serves. We had a wonderful time. My face hurt when we left from smiling so much! The green chili recipes were traded as was the food. He asked if I had used my CW privileges yet. I looked at my feet and told him no. "Well get on 15 meters tomorrow. We'll do something about that!" he said. Well we did. I was nervous as a cat, sweaty palms and all. The band was very noisy with a few other contacts going on nearby. I got his call sign, I remembered my call sign, and we exchanged reports. I don't remember much else. But, I had finally gotten on the air. All I had to do was repeat the process. Others have helped me improve but it took the first time to get me started. Thank you John for doing that for me. Thank you also for checking in tonight, it made me feel great! Forty meters was pretty quiet too. There was some QSB and a very odd note on N0AR. He sounded like he was working over the pole. But N0BK and KB0FB, who are near his location, sounded good. I wonder what Scott is doing in his backyard? Maybe he lives next door to the ELF antenna farm :) Sure was fun to hear you all this evening. The only ones of you I did not copy were when I passed the net to Tom and did my paperwork for a few seconds. The bands were very good tonight though. Gary was at least S3 to 4 while my head was elsewhere. I heard the sound in my headphones but was not paying attention. He was running his normal speed so I have to concentrate to catch it :)

On 14050 kHz at 2254z:
K2HYD - Ray - VA - KX1 - 608      Get well quick!!
N0SS - Tom - MO - K2 - 008
AF3W - Sam - PA - K2 - 5298
W3MC - Mike - MD - K2 - 4932
K4JPN - Steve - GA - K2 - 1422
W0CZ - Ken - ND - K2 - 1031
WC7S - Dale - WY - K2 - 4360
W1EUY - Dave - MA - K2 - 744
W1WCG - Van - CT - K2 - 2634        QNI #5
KL7CW/7 - Rick - AZ - KX1 - 798
W5DEZ - John - NM - ??            Yippee!!!
K6DGW - Fred - CA - K2 - 4398       QNI #25
W6ZH - Pete - CA - K2 - 5138
VE1RGB - Gary - NS - K2 - 2519
K1EV - Bill - CT - K2 - 2152        QNI #65!!
W1TF - Ty - GA - K1 - 1423
AB9V - Mike - IN - K2 - 3993
AB8KJ - Chuck - MI - K2 - 2596

On 7045 kHz at 0256z:
N0SS - Tom - MO - K2 - 008
KL7CW/7 - Rick - AZ - KX1 - 798   QNI #40!!
WI6O - John - CA - K1 - ??
KI4CKT - Clyde - KY - ??
K4JPN - Steve - GA - K2 - 1422
W0CZ - Ken - ND - K2 - 1031
KT5E - Jay - CO - KX1 - 969        QNI #10
W6ZH - Pete - CA - K2 - 5138
ND0V - Greg - CO - K1 - 2151
K4TO - Dave - KY - K2 - 4117
AB9V - Mike - IN - K2 - 3993
VE3XL - Ric - ON - K1 - 968
W1TF - Ty - GA - K1 - 1423
WA7BOC - Roger - WA - K2 - 755
W2LJ - Larry - NJ - K2 - ??
K3ESE - Lloyd - MD - K2 - 4442     QNI #5
N0AR - Scott - MN - K2 - 4866
KB0FB - Carl - IA - K1 - 2126
VE8BQO - Allen - BC - K2 - 2911
N0BK - Bruce - MN - K2 - 3646

If there are any errors or fills required in the above lists please send them to me and I will correct them in the database.
   Thank you for the fun nets this evening,
       73,
          Kevin.  KD5ONS  (Net Control Operator 5th Class)