I can echo the EFHW experiences as above but, they for me, are slightly
more noisy then a quarter wave vertical. Other than that, that is my only
objection that I have to the EFHW. Every one that I have used has been
excellent.

If you talk to Balun designs they make a 52 to 1 match box that I know for
sure will easily take 800 watts CW on 40. I ran one that way and had no
problems. With power I did use a line isolator inside the shack to protect
against common mode on the shield of the coax. I had no problems with that
set up. It worked and worked well.

I have built 2 tuner boxes for them, I bought 2 old tuners that used an L
network and rewired them to a parallel tank circuit and we, my son NS0R
have used them with 1kw and had great success. No shack problems and they
radiate like a beast because the current is high in the wire and not at the
feed point on the ground. We have used them at Field Day, WPX, Sweepstakes
as our 20 and 40 meter antennas. We both work from a city lot and have no
beams. For us, using these antennas we were able to do 1400 QSO in WPXCW
with a half hearted effort.

We use the same boxes to tune half square antennas as they also have high
impedance feed points.

I personally have used a 20 meter half square...1/4 up then 1/2 wave over
to 1/4 wire elements on 20 and this will make a quarter wave on 80 that we
used with a few radials. So we got 2 bands out of one antenna. In the half
square config on 20 meters, using it as an 80 meter made it NVIS. It did
work.

I am going to have to the me a KX3 or Kx2 some day soon. I wish I had one
now because I am heading to Maine and would like to operate there into
Europe from the coast. And, you can bet I will be taking an EFHW for ease
and portability.

Vy 73,

Morgan NJ8M