On 2/20/2017 3:11 PM, Matthew Cook wrote:

> I believe we will see a return of the 50V MOSFET PA's in commercial
> equipment again, especially with the explosion of LDMOS devices and the
> ever decreasing availability of 16-18V bi-polar RF transistors.

Modern commercial communication sites have all gone to 48V "Bell
Telephone Standard - positive ground" with corresponding radio
equipment.  Inverters for 120V AC and 12/24V DC where needed.  It's a
whole new world for us "old timers".

73 de K2ASP - Phil Kane
Elecraft K2/100   s/n 5402

>From a Clearing in the Silicon Forest
Beaverton (Washington County) Oregon

VP - General Counsel & Engineering Manager
CSI Telecommunications, Inc. - Consulting Engineers
San Francisco, CA - Beaverton, OR