It was said, the only replacement for a DC-3 was another DC-3.
The same can said for the K3.

I played with a local's 7300 trying to get it hooked up to the computer et al. It only has a USB port. No band data output. Make sure your logging program supports the 7300, if you do computer logging.

It did put out 100 watts OK. Adjusting power was a pain. If you have an amplifier that needs different drive levels on different bands, this is a possible issue.

It is small. I hope you have good strong glasses and tiny fingers. If you like menus, you'll love the 7300. You will need an external speaker.

Not impressed with the spectrum display. Too tiny.

The price (used running $1000-1200) is a real plus.

All the above represents a first impression and there may be ways to work around the issues encountered.

73 de Brian/K3KO