On Mon,2/27/2017 3:43 PM, Don Wilhelm wrote:
The inverted L will have some horizontally polarized radiation.

Yes, but not much, because radiation is the result of current, and current is maximum at the bottom and minimum at the far end of the wire. And Fred is right on about verticals generally being noisier on RX. But not always.

I have a Tee vertical for 160M that works well. 100 ft tall.

Ed, the thing to remember about verticals is that they need an effective counterpoise. That can be anything from radials to a screen to a K2AV folded counterpoise. AND that verticals are VERY dependent on the quality of the soil around you.

There are lots of ideals about this stuff on my website. Study the material about getting on 160M, and divide all the dimensions by 2 for 80M. Then look at my tutorials on verticals vs horizontal antennas. k9yc.com/publish.htm They are written to answer exactly the questions you are asking.

73, Jim K9YC