The synthesizer upgrade makes a huge improvement in any medium CW speed
operation and gets rid of a slight irregularity in CW formation when keying
slower  tx/rx transition amps. That's in addition to the superb lowering
and narrowing of phase noise.

I have this half notion to get a single rx K3 without tuner as "other RX"
offband and rebuild platform in case other K3 has to go to Aptos, to keep
me on the air. Move tuner from existing K3 to single rx one which becomes
the field day rig. Never needed diversity at fd. Keeps me from having to
undo all the home K3 wiring for fd.

Point is that single rx K3 would have to have syn mod, or reduction in
price.

Moving forward for market value it has to have mods. Especially syns, D DSP
and gold pins if early version.

Since I have existing Microham stuff, serial cards in PC, etc, USB in K3S
doesn't help me with anything.

Still would like to have the K3S upgraded audio board for K3. When's that
coming out? Been waiting.

73, Guy K2AV

--
Sent via Gmail Mobile on my iPhone