Bill,
thanks for pointing out to option (1). After reading all the suggestions I will very likely do the KSYN3A upgrades only. Regarding the USB/Sound card - I had to insert ground insulation for all the Audio/USB to PC connections to avoid ground loops.
Does anybod know if this one is already insulated?
73, Gernot DF5RF