Andy,

I did not see any response on the reflector, so I will try.

First of all, you need a soundcard. If you have installed the KIO3B in that K3, there is an internal soundcard in the K3 that can e used. If the KIO3 has not been upgraded, you will need a soundcard external to the K3. Either an internal computer soundcard or an external one. The computer must send audio to the K3 Line input and receive audio from the Line Out of the K3.

HRD (or Win4K3 or other applications) will provide rig control functions without the audio paths.

For instance, PSK31 (and other data modes) sends audio tones to the K3 via the computer soundcard, and receives audio tones from the K3 for decoding.

Set the K3 to DATA A submode (AFSK A for RTTY), and during receive, adjust the computer Line In (or Mic) level to give you a good waterfall display. You can also adjust the LINE OUT level in the K3 menu. For transmit, adjust the soundcard Line Out (or Speaker) slider to about 75% of full and then in the K3, set the MIC SEL menu to LINE and adjust the "MIC GAIN" (actually LINE IN gain) so you have 4 bars illuminated solid on the K3 ALC display with the 5th bar flashing.
Adjust the desired power level with the K3 power knob.

Ignore the internet advice (and some software applications) to set the power to max and adjust the power output with the audio level - that does not work well with Elecraft gear. That advice is for other transceivers which do not control the power output by actually measuring the power level and making adjustments to make the power equal to the requested power level. Use the instructions in the K3 manual - paraphrased above.

73,
Don W3FPR