From: "Don Pomplun" <radioprincegeo...@gmail.com>
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Sent: 3/19/2017 2:40:27 PM
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] Help setting up digital

I, too echo my sense of confusion with my K3S and data modes. With 4 Data Modes to select from, a couple of which support the keyer paddle, and some external audio connections, and some that use the USB cable, not to mention the fact that there is a built-in "sound card" capability . . .

A few times I've sat down and tried to summarize all this for myself with no luck, even with Fred's book. So far I've managed to decode both RTTY and PSK31 signals via the Utility progam, and with MMTTY for RTTY. I hesitate to take the "just shut up and do it" approach, preferring instead to understand what's going on.

Maybe some one has already published a "white paper" on this topic. The ARRL books on digital aren't much help because of the unique capabilities of the K3S.

TIA    Don K2BIO