Hi Don

Thanks for the reply. I did know about the new encoder kit but the problem is that of its cost when it gets here.

Elecraft quote 124USD for the kit, that's £100 here which then gets VAT at 20% and a local handling charge - say a total of £130-140 and as well if I read things correctly I will need to get a new knob.

So you can see that my problem is that unless I can get a cheaper replacement I might as well sell the K2/100 either in bits for spares or at a discount.

The encoder does work fine but it has suffered a knock which has made it slightly stiff to turn, i.e it wont 'spin', but it is useable.

So thanks for the thoughts

73 Bob G3PJT