From: Elecraft [mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of Mike
Morrow
Sent: Thursday, March 23, 2017 3:04 PM
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] K3S ELF 10KHz

I didn't understand the reference to audio either.

When I on the crew of a US ballistic missile submarine more than 40 years
ago, our main communications receivers were AN/BRR-3 units whose full
frequency range was only 14 to 30 kHz.  These received signals from coastal
stations operating at megawatt output levels, but there was no one near such
a station with his ear drums damaged by or even sensitive to the station's
continuous output.  :-)

Anyone can listen to such signals as they exist today.  I'm not sure what
the point would be...everything down there is very deeply encrypted.

Mike / KK5F

delivered to r...@elecraft.com