I guess we live in different worlds. My 10m-20m beams have an SWR <1.2:1
anywhere in the band. I designed them this way and no luck is involved.
the SWR is a little higher at the top of the band on my lower band
antennas but certainly not in the 3:1+ range you are referring to. A 1kw+
Elecraft solid state amp that could tolerate 2:1 or 2.5:1 with no foldback
would be so awesome!

John KK9A

from: brian alsopb
Tue Mar 28 19:30:31 EDT 2017

KAT500 handles a much wider SWR range (like to about 10:1).

Why do you assume people are lucky enough to have antennas with no more
than a 3:1 SWR across the ham bands?

Yes, higher SWR's require beefed up components but welcome to the real
world.

73 de Brian/K3KO