I used to own the 1 KW Icom PW1 linear amplifier.  It included within its huge
& heavy
black box the switching power supply and the 3:1 antenna auto-tuner.  I sold
that
amplifier because my eyes sparkled in delight with a much, much smaller desktop
KPA500 from Elecraft.

If this new 1.5 KW linear (if that is the power) becomes a reality, having it
come in three
separate boxes may make some sense.  Alternatively, like the Icom PW1, have a
control head that sits on the shack desktop and the main unit containing
everything
else would be on the floor in a dark corner where it belongs (and, where I had
my
PW1).

But, being honest, I will not be in the market for a larger amp as 100 watts
seems
quite a bit for my operations which is 99 percent CW and QRP ops or even 10-watt
QRP ops with my KX2 is a lot of fun.

73, phil, K7PEH