an external accessory ...

using either the swr bridge in the radio or the kxp100..

a box to run a screwdriver...
I love the KX2 it fits perfectly, i had tried all sorts of tuners and the nicest so far is the west mountain target tuner which uses a separate box ( rfbridge)with a cat 6 line to he 'control box... with manual up dn... or auto with memories.... so it can use the turns counter in the antenna, or just 2 leads using swr only

with my new VW ( they took away my diesel) i wired the target tuner in , even tho I tend to use manual up/dn peak rcvr noise ... usually spot on...
it could be so tidy using the swr out of the amp  ....
and the tune button could trip to go to closest memory,,,,
you already have the freq .....so save the turn count....

we have come a long way from running my k2 with a beta amp mobile to dayton back then...

bill

then you could sell the baby tarheel  .......
it works great up on the roof rack........ workin' the world