Note that BNC connectors can easily handle a kW of RF power unless there is
a high SWR on the line. They are rated for 500V.

73 Ron AC7AC

-----Original Message-----
From: Elecraft [mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of Edward
R Cole
Sent: Monday, April 3, 2017 6:24 PM
To: Elecraft Reflector
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] K3 loss of rx signal

Simple - use something better than PL-259's:

I mainly use N connectors for low loss/high power and BNC for low power
inside the shack connections.  I also have TNC and sma connectors.

Most connectors need a 1/4 turn beyond finger tight for reliable
connections.  Sure cure for loose connectors is heat shrink over them.  Not
only seals from wx but also loosening due to vibration.

Want to see what vibration does?  Install a radio in a D8 cat without some
kind of vibration damping.  I did long ago, and the Motorola 100w VHF radio
was a cabinet full of loose parts after 8-hours running of the cat.  Wonder
why military radios are full of glyptol, or completely potted in plastic?

73, Ed - KL7UW
   http://www.kl7uw.com
Dubus-NA Business mail:
   dubus...@gmail.com