Hi,

I was re-adjusting the IF amp peak on my K2, however (and I do remember having
an issue at build time) there is no peak in the whole range of the inductor can.

Doing some investigation along with the circuit digram I think I have found my
problem.

Across pins 1 and 8 of U12 I'm seeing the value of R111, which is about 5k5,
but thats also in parallel with the winding of L34, so I'd have expected that
to have measured just a few ohms or less.

So seems that my issue is an open circuit L34.  The only reason I noticed this
was because side by side with my more recent K2 its not quite as sensitive.  On
the plus side it does have a much lower noise floor.

So, my question is based around if anything would cause L34 to go open circuit?
 I cant see anything in the circuit that might have caused excessive current or
something similar.  All the solder work in that whole area is neat, and I
didn't over-do the heat when installing it and the components all appear to be
in the correct places.

It had worked, as I remember finding the peak at the time I built it, but then
suddenly it wouldn't re-peak after that, but at the time I didn't think much
more of it.

Should I just request L34, or is there something else I may need from others
past experiences?

thanks in advance,

Cameron - AF7DK/GM7LQR