Tom,

The LCD display on the K2 has "been what it was" from the beginning (even for Field Test units). The backlighting is white (LEDs, not incandescent), but the color of the actual display is green when backlighted. Actually, it is green when frontlighted (without the backlight) as well, but more gray than green.

There is no amber LCD for the K2, never has been. I think some posters confused K2 with the KX2 (which does have an amber LCD - same LCD as the K3/K3S and the KX3).

The LCD display is a custom display, so duplicating that custom display for someone who wants an amber display would be quite an expensive proposition. In other words, an amber LCD for the K2 is not practical.

73,
Don W3FPR