On morning (probably about 1980) I was beamed west at setting moon looking for Asia on 2M. I heard a station calling CQ and said to myself, that's Dave's (W5UN) frequency. Sure enough, it was Dave calling CQ. So I tuned off him and heard another station calling CQ. I listened and was surprised to hear Dave again. I tuned back to the other frequency and Dave was still there, albeit with a different delay. It finally dawned on me I was hearing him off the back of the antenna on tropo and off the moon from the front side. Doppler and the time delay made it sound like two different stations.

Wes  N7WS