You will not regret an Elecraft purchase even if it is your first radio.  As
a comparatively newer ham (licensed in 2009) I struggled a bit when trying
to decide on an HF rig.   After more than one conversation with Don (at
local NC hamfests) I opted for the K2, mainly because I like to build
things.  You can't get much more hands-on than the K2... it comes as  boxes
of electronic components!   Of course if that is not your thing, then you
can pay others to put it together.  I used the K2 regularly until 2016, when
I finally sprung for the K3S (kit, of course).  Although not a kit in the
sense of the K2, it's more like building a computer.   Now the K2 is sitting
quietly,  waiting for the next Field Day outing.   I occasionally turn it
on, just so it won't get lonely.

As those who know me have heard me say many times,  I am definitely not a
contester,  I am a casual operator.  I am still figuring stuff out about the
K3S,  but it is a fantastic piece of engineering. Yes,  it is more expensive
than a basic Yawoodcom.  But the performance is head and shoulders above
most rigs.  And the support from both the factory, and found here on this
list,  cannot be beat.

To the OP:  Buy quality and only cry once. :-)

David AJ4TF