I strongly agree with that. The used K3 that was listed here a few days ago would be a great choice. When I got back on the air in 2003 after a long time off, I bought a used Omni V, then a TS-850, and later an FT-1000MP. For all but the MP, I was able to sell the rig for close to what I paid. The two K3s I own are the only rigs I've bought new since a Ten Tec Omni D in 1980.

73, Jim K9YC