Feynman was the adviser of a now-retired coworker, Ben. He told Ben to give up study of physics unless it was a true passion because that was the only way to succeed in anything. Ben said he realized this was the only advice he needed to change majors and later succeed in his new field. His main regret in doing so was losing Feynman as adviser. Not exactly related, another retired coworker as a young researcher used to take a train up to Princeton each month to lunch with Einstein. I loved listening to stories from these older guys when I was a young, new guy!

73,
Mike ab3ap